Sunday, May 13, 2012

Busy bees

May tends to be a busy month for our household. In the beginning, there was just our anniversary (9th) and my birthday (27th). Now we have added Cohen's birthday (10th) and Mother's Day and this year we even threw in a graduation (5th). Phew. To top off the excitement mama got a job! From May 3 - May 6 I'm not even 100% sure of what happened!

For starters, I accepted a position at Boone Hospital (where Cohen was born and my first pick for employment) on the Medical Oncology floor. I did my practicum there and it was an incredibly moving experience. To be perfectly honest, this isn't really where I want to work. I have stressed before how much I LOVE working in the NICU with babies, but working on a critical care floor often requires a little time on a general medicine (Med-Surg) floor. I do have reservations about working oncology because I don't know if I can withstand the emotional impact. I actually cried when they called me for the interview....and at the interview when they asked what my most difficult experience during practicum was, but I truly feel that God wants me there for some reason or He wouldn't continue directing me there. I didn't ask for oncology as a practicum assignment and, as a matter of fact, I didn't even apply to work that floor. I must have something left to do and/or learn there and I will stay there until God feels I'm ready to move on.

Next came graduation. Woo hoo!!! I will admit, I worked far harder for this degree than my last one (and Kedric would probably agree that he did, too), so the accomplishment was that much sweeter. We had pinning on Friday followed by graduation on Saturday.


Then Sunday. My favorite part of the whole weekend. We celebrated Cohen's 1st birthday! I have a million pictures of our "little monster's" big day, so I will post those separately. Wow. He is 1! 

I'm wondering right now, amidst all the chaos of the past few years, how we got here. We got here with the undying love and support of our family and the incredible friends that we have been blessed to have in our lives. We give our deepest thanks to all of you -- we absolutely, without a doubt in my mind, would never have survived all of this without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment