Friday, June 28, 2013

Sutton Michael Busch

Sutton Michael Busch made an incredibly grand entrance on Monday, June 24th at 4:08 am. He weighed in at a beefy 7 lbs 15 oz and was 21 inches long. He was having some difficulty breathing shortly after birth so he was taken to the NICU and intubated. By 9:30 am, Sutton's helicopter to St. Louis Children's Hospital had arrived and whisked him away. My OB graciously gave me discharge orders and we followed close behind. The docs here have determined the swelling on the right side of his neck that was causing his difficulty breathing is related to a lymphatic malformation. This morning (June 26), under ultrasound guidance, Sutton's lymph tissue was drained and he is doing great. Once they are certain the swelling has gone down, he will be extubated. Because he is otherwise healthy, discharge plans aren't too far out. Your continued thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated as we work to maintain a balance for Cohen, Sutton and ourselves during this chaotic time.

"So do not fear for I am with you; Do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10




No comments:

Post a Comment