Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Cohen's labs

As you can see by the spacing between posts, I have been super on top of things. Ha! For the longest time I kept saying "when I'm done with 'X'..." or "when we get past so and so..." I would get back on track and get our lives back in order, but I have resigned myself to the idea that we will always have a certain amount of chaos to contend with. It is the absolute spice of our lives, though, so I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Kedric took Cohen in for his follow up lab work to check out his thyroid and everything came back normal. On top of that, he gained about 1 lb. in the 6 weeks between visits. He's packing on the pounds quite nicely and the doctor has decided we have nothing to be concerned about. I think it's finally catching up with him -- this kid eats like a grown man. And nothing is off limits. He went through a brief "I'm a vegetarian" phase, but that came to a halt when one of Kedric's co-workers cooked up a batch of homemade fried chicken. He is definitely related to the Busch boys! We had sushi for dinner the other night and he chowed down. Fruits and veggies are his favorite and he could eat avocados or fresh berries all day long. At least if he's going to eat like a little piggie, he eats the good stuff.

He heads back to the doc for a routine check-up in August and I'm hoping he weighs in high enough that we can turn his car seat around. His knees are up at his ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment