Sunday, November 23, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving (early)!

On Thursday, November 20 at 11:02 a.m. we welcomed Isaac Henry Busch to our family. There was such an overwhelming sense of gratitude and relief all at once. Cohen could not be more excited to have another baby brother to love on and Sutton could not be more indifferent. At least he is indifferent and not mad!

For those of you that have been following Sutton's short, very eventful life, you can imagine what an experience Isaac's birth was for both Kedric and myself - even though he is our third baby. After Sutton's birth and unexpected condition, I was fearful of what Isaac's birth and the time thereafter would be like. I had such extensive anxiety about what *might* happen again that I didn't know if I would be able to manage my birthing time and pain control. I had given birth to both Cohen and Sutton without any medical pain management (by choice, that's the way I prefer it), but the fear that surrounded Sutton's birth was looming so heavy overhead that I didn't think I would be able to do it again. Enter HypnoBabies. I know lots of women use it for home birthing or for pain management during labor, but I was using it strictly for anxiety management. And it worked beautifully!

I could never explain to someone that hasn't had anything other than a "normal" birth what a blessing it is to not have your baby taken away, to not have a neonatologist come and chat with you, and to not leave the hospital without your baby. It is a HUGE blessing. I can't put Isaac down. I am so thankful for his health, for the lack of complications after his birth, for having pictures of him after he was born. I am so thankful for the normalcy we have been given again.

We have much to be thankful for this year. It seems a little turbulence in one's life offers spectacular perspective. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone else. I hope you all find as much to be thankful for as our family has.

Isaac Henry Busch
11.20.2014 at 11:02 a.m.
8# 2.4 oz and 21.25 inches





"Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1 

"For we live by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment